Friday, May 16, 2008

I Think I Notice a Drum Pattern

As I talked about previously, the battle for music game supremacy is starting to get more intense. With Game Informer and MTV Multiplayer getting exclusive shots of the Guitar Hero IV and Rock Revolution drum sets, respectively, I thought I would take a look at something a little interesting.

Rock Band Drum Set - 4 pads, bass pedal


Courtesy of Game Informer
Guitar Hero IV Drum Set - 5 pads, bass pedal


Courtesy of MTV Multiplayer
Rock Revolution Drum Set - 6 pads, bass pedal

Are we going to end up seeing Capcom release Street Fighter Drum Battle, featuring a drum set with 7 pads and a bass pedal?




Related Articles


4 comments:

Anonymous,  May 17, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

LOL...I can just imagine some strange game that includes pedals, keyboards, etc. in a 360-degree environment.

Unknown May 17, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

I'm sure drummers like Neil Peart and Tommy Lee would provide good inspiration. :p

Anonymous,  May 18, 2008 at 9:15 AM  

I'm most interested in seeing what the new Guitar Hero drums can do. Rock revolution's pad doesn't look like it's of very good quality. I love the suspended cymbals on the GH pads. I keep hoping for a modular freestyle mode where you can jam out, ala Jam Sessions.

Unknown May 18, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

The Rock Revolution drum pads look questionable, as the layout looks awkward and uncomfortable. But I think it was a good decision on Activision's part to design GHIV's drum set with raised cymbals and a layout similar to DrumMania.

As for a modular freestyle mode, both games feature a recording/free form mode that allows you to save your own tracks.

Our Blogger Templates  © 2008

Back to TOP